sábado, 2 de enero de 2016



That´s me! The little guys in the basked are persian limes, freshly picked from our dear, generous tree.

This blog, most of all, is intended to be a journal about why I opened a shop on etsy (https://www.etsy.com/shop/Catyarnloft), how it forms part of a multifaceted attempt to build an independent and creative existence, what experiences I have made so far, which problems I am facing and how - or if - I manage to solve them. 

For some of you, my articles will provide pleasant entertainment. Others may value the information as practical help for their own projects, and yet others, who would like to express their ideas but haven´t yet dared to, I hope to inspire and encourage. 

Mind you, I am not an internet geek, business expert or a social media goddess. Probably, many also find me too old to be toying around with career experiments. Could I have gotten my sh... together at an earlier age? Ideally, yes! But the reality is that only today, hitting almost forty, am I finally able to let go of expectations, stop the unsatisfying attempts at fitting in and simply walk in the right direction, regardless of the results. Just because I have misused time in the past it doesn´t mean I should continue squandering it away in the future - and I believe this goes for everyone. 

Accordingly, I will not create a sugarcoated blog that makes my existence look like a lifestyle magazine or an interior design catalog. You won´t have to fear pictures of me doing yoga poses on a tropical beach or drawing perfect cocoa hearts on my husband´s cappucchino. I promise not to make you feel like garbage because the cookies I bake look prettier than yours. Instead, you will be getting the real failures, the actual, odd moves forward and, most importantly, the gist of the learning experience.

Thank you for being around!





No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario