lunes, 1 de agosto de 2016

Chance acquisition: vintage Egyptian glass beads

After three years of not seeing each other, my husband and I went to meet my sister and her family for a week of holidays together. We had each brought little gifts for one another. Among the things she gave me were these beautiful artisan glass beads.



Originally, they were part of a necklace my sister received as a wedding gift from a friend who had purchased it in Egypt. That was a looooooooong time ago, and the necklace has since disintegrated. That was unfortunate for my sister, but very fortunate for me. Now, I am lucky to have the beads to make exciting new pieces of jewelry from.

I washed the beads carefully with warm, soapy water and tried them out immediately. Here is the first result, already listed in my shop - it features some of the vintage Egyptian beads in purple and spring green, combined with magnesite stone:



I find the organic, coin like focal bead especially intriguing. I have some others of that type, of varying sizes, in different blues, brown and white. There is also several more of the small round beads in blue, white, grey, green, purple and brown.



Looking forward to creating more jewelry with these pretties!

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario