domingo, 13 de marzo de 2016

Surprise inspiration: Jewelry for kids!



As much as I would love to survive on making jewelry and writing alone, the reality is I win most of my bread giving piano lessons. But the good thing is, inspiration lurks in the most unexpected places. One of my students is a six year old girl. Despite her young age, she seems like an old soul who has been around many, many times and has come back once more just to enjoy this world. Anyways, she liked a raw aquamarine pendant I was wearing. I commented that I had another one with a black stone at home, and she asked "Can you give that one to me?" Um. Bold question. "I´ll have to think about that." I said. "But I can make a necklace with a different stone for you." She asked me to enumerate the colors of my beads - blue, teal, white, purple, pink. "Pink!", she exclaimed. Alright, pink it is. As soon as I got home, I put a necklace together and added a pendant with a pink jade sphere, a lavender amethyst nugget and a brass feather. The result was quite lovely! And then I thought to myself: "Why not make more of these?" So I did. Over the weekend, I finished five more necklaces and listed them in my etsy shop. It was great fun. If people like them, I will certainly stock up on a more diverse range of colorful gemstones and brass charms. It is funny how one idea leads to another, and to another, and to another...

When it comes to creative work, the more you give, the richer your imagination becomes. If you have an image in your mind, no matter from where you picked it up, get it out there and you will see how it magically unlocks further possibilities.

I am curious to see what else comes out of this undertaking. Check out my necklaces for kids at the Cat Yarn Loft on etsy.




 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario